Fly, Cruise, Fish & Explore the Kimberley Coast
|Price||$5,190 per passenger OR $45,200 for an exclusive charter|
On Day 1
Chartered Derby Bus pick up from your Broome accommodation for your scenic overland drive to Derby jetty. Welcome aboard your new home King Tide, meet the crew & enjoy your favourite drink straight off the ice. Your safety and orientation briefing will be followed by discussion of our plan for your unique adventure as we steam north into King Sound to our first anchorage.
Awaken to a spectacular sunrise, we are surrounded by beautiful Islands, with giant granite boulders resting above the pebbled beaches. At 1.8 billion years, these are some of the oldest rocks in Australia. Gather large Black Lipped Oysters at low tide, a delicious feast our cook will prepare just the way you like them. Follow the tide up a mangrove creek chasing Barramundi and Mudcrabs. Fish our secret lump for big Northern Mulloway as the tide slackens.
Cruise north to Hidden Island where, if tide permits, we will alight on the pure white sands of Silica Beach. Walk up the river bed to find the origin of this unusual creation. Enjoy a swim in the azure waters.
Fish the nearby reefs for big Fingermark and Saddletail Sea Perches. Our anchorage near the creek is a hot spot for close encounters with bigger marine animals after the sun sets.
Yampi Sound Fishing
Troll for Spanish Mackerel , Coral Trout and Trevally over the reefs. Drift over some deeper reefs for big Fingermark and Saddletail Sea perches on the turn of the tide.
At high tide visit Crocodile Creek for a lovely swim beneath the waterfall. The small fishes nibbling at your toes are juvenile Mangrove Jacks. Climb up to crystal waters of the spring fed pool above. Many of our adventurers will enjoy the aerial route back down.
Cruise through some of the most spectacular scenery on the coast and then be blown away by an exciting ride in a very fast boat through one of the natural wonders of the world, the Horizontal Waterfalls. The resident Tawny Nurse sharks will be slowly circling our duckboard, hoping for a feed.
Experienced by only a few, this bay is enclosed in steep quartzite cliffs. Waterfalls cascade from their heights. We will fish and explore creeks hidden in the mangroves. Here we find resident crocodiles and Barramundi chasing the bait up with the tide.
Catch the outgoing tide to the famous Montgomery Reef. Watch the water recede and the 400 square km of reef rise out of the water creating many bubbling cascades. See the myriad of reef life including Dugongs, Turtles, and schools of tropical fishes. Jump in for an exciting drift snorkel through coral canyons.
Climb up a bushy track passing huge Boabs to an incredible Aboriginal art site featuring some of the most famous Wandjina paintings in the North West. The view from this sacred place is spectacular looking out over Steep Island and Doubtful Bay. We will pay our respects to the Spirits in a traditional way.
Hunt for delicious Mudcrabs on the rising tide in Red Cone Creek. Visit the beautiful Ruby Falls for a swim and climb up to explore the headwaters. Swim in Lilly lined pools draped by fragrant Weeping Paperbarks and Frangipani. Jump off the top into the plunge pool if you dare. (only for the hard core adventurers)
Ride the incoming tide into the steep sandstone gorges of the Sale River in the tenders. This is one of the most beautiful rivers in the Kimberley. Get above the highest rock bar on the top of the tide where the freshwater meets the salt, cast for a Barramundi. Explore a fantastic rainforest with spring fed creek. Swim in the cool fresh water with the local Cherubim.
Yampi Sound Exploring
After some more fishing around the Yampi reefs, we will cruise up Silvergull Creek to the Squatters Arms for a BBQ lunch. Phil and Marion have created a hidden oasis of tropical gardens replete with a warm spring fed pool. Float around in the healing waters and celebrate your adventures. Here you will have the opportunity to purchase some unique jewellery.
Today is the big fish day .We will be trolling the blue water offshore from Cafferelli Island for Spanish Mackerel, GTs, Queenfish, and Tuna. At high tide swim and stroll on a scenic double beach. Climb up to the top of the Island for a vista of the Archipelago.
Final Day 8 – Cygnet Bay
Watch a slideshow of your trip highlights as we steam through Escape Passage to Cygnet Bay at the NE of Cape Leveque. After an informative tour of the oldest family owned pearl farm in the Kimberley, it’s your choice for lunch and drinks at their cool new bistro. Purchase an Australian South Sea pearl from our pristine ocean. The original homestead has been transformed into a cafe’ and pearl gallery where you can view an array of Australian pearls harvested fresh from the waters of Cygnet Bay. * Every Unreel Adventure is unique. Your experienced Skipper and Crew will plan each day’s activities to suit the prevailing tides, weather and guests desires. *Tour 1 sails from Derby to Cygnet Bay, tour 2 sails in reverse order from Cygnet Bay to Derby
Tour Departure Dates
Yellow dates are tentative dates and may be substituted for custom charter bookings. A minimum of 6 passengers bookings are required to confirm departure.
- October 21, 2017 - October 28, 20177 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- November 6, 2017 - November 13, 20177 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- November 13, 2017 - November 20, 20177 Night Kimberley Fishing Adventure Cruise - May 4-11, 2017
- December 4, 2017 - December 11, 20177 Night Kimberley Fishing Adventure Cruise
- December 11, 2017 - December 18, 20177 Night Kimberley Fishing Adventure Cruise
- April 9, 2018 - April 16, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- April 16, 2018 - April 23, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- May 10, 2018 - May 17, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- May 17, 2018 - May 24, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- June 7, 2018 - June 14, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- June 14, 2018 - June 21, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- July 9, 2018 - July 16, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- July 16, 2018 - July 23, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- August 6, 2018 - August 13, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- August 13, 2018 - August 20, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- September 6, 2018 - September 13, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- September 13, 2018 - September 20, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- October 4, 2018 - October 11, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
- October 11, 2018 - October 18, 20187 Night Sale River and Buccaneer Archipelago Explorer
To book a place on our scheduled departure dates, click the book now button at the top of this page. To book a custom or exclusive charter, call Bruce on 0427 770 825 or Stephanie on 0417 180 463.