To confirm your booking please complete the ‘Charter Confirmation Form’, and acknowledges that you have read, accepted and understood these ‘Terms and Conditions’. A 20% deposit of the full booking amount is to be paid by bank deposit or credit card and this deposit is non refundable. Bookings are held for a maximum of 5 days awaiting deposit. The deposit then secures your booking. The balance is due a minimum of 60 days prior to departure. We recommend that clients book their flights to/from Broome/Derby plus any accommodation required; at the same time they commit to cruise with us. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars. Bookings are not accepted through travel agents if deposits have already been paid directly to Unreel Adventures.
Cancellation within 60 days prior to departure or if passengers fail to arrive – the total value prepaid for the reservation is forfeited. The non-refundable/cancellation fees can be claimed from your travel insurance policy under the terms of that policy for certain conditions. All cancellations incur an admin fee of $200 per couple booked per travel component ($200 also applies to single travellers) plus any applicable credit card charges.
TRAVEL AND MEDICAL INSURANCE
Unreel Adventures strongly recommends passengers arrange suitable cancellation insurance at time of booking. This acts as protection from any circumstance, which may force you to cancel or leave an expedition whilst it is in progress. Unreel Adventures accepts no responsibility for the actions of any carrier that results in the purchaser not meeting a booking condition or deadline. Please enquire about our recommended “Suresave’ Travel insurance and we can forward details to you.
CRUISE CHANGES, DELAYS OR CANCELLATIONS
If Unreel Adventures cancels the Cruise for operational reasons, we will refund the fare paid and if the departure of a Cruise is delayed or if the Cruise itinerary is shortened for any other reason, we will refund part of the fare paid on a pro rata basis to allow for the time lost. Unreel Adventures will endeavour to follow the cruise itinerary as described in the brochure and the passenger accepts that Unreel Adventures has the right to change the itinerary, the vessel or cancel the Cruise as a result of some Unexpected Event or prevailing inclement weather conditions and the passenger accepts that the passenger may not be entitled to any compensation or refund of the fare paid should this occur. Cruise departure/arrival times are approximate and can vary due to tides, weather etc. Please keep this in mind when booking any flights in or out.
Unreel Adventures provides adventure expeditions and cruises and as such, the passengers may face dangers and discomfort.
Should this happen, each passenger should be prepared for and accept the risks involved with a trip of this nature. While all due care is taken by Unreel Adventures to avoid unnecessary risks it is the passenger’s ultimate responsibility for damages or loss of personal property or any illness, death or injury. Unreel Adventures does not accept liability for losses, costs or expenses suffered as a delay in delivery of services. Unreel Adventures does not accept liability for any breach of contract resulting from or caused by force nature, natural disaster, act of God or unforeseen circumstances.
MEDICAL & RISKS
We strongly advise that you arrange comprehensive travel, cancellation and medical insurance, at the time of booking. Passengers with any medical conditions should make them aware to the company at least seven days prior to departure or at the time of booking. Medical ailments or accidents during the trip should be reported to the Captain immediately. Emergency evacuation is available for severe medical reasons, at the customer’s expense and claimable by many travel insurance companies as long as it is not a pre-existing medical condition (unless the insurance company has pre-approved such).
PASSENGER HEALTH AND RESPONSIBILITY
The passenger admits a full understanding of the nature and character of the vessel and the scope of the activities contemplated by the passenger during the Cruise (including those relating to off-vessel activities such as excursions in the vessel tenders, snorkelling and diving) and assures and undertakes to Unreel Adventures that:
- That they are in good health and will be able to undertake the Cruise and the contemplated activities;
- That they will effect travel insurance sufficient to cover and limitation of liability against the Operator;
- That they accept the risk that they may suffer from sea sickness;
- That they have disclosed any physical or mental disability requiring special attention or treatment at the time when the reservation for the Cruise was made;
- That the passenger accepts that a medical certificate certifying fitness for travel may be required at Unreel Adventures’ request, and if any passenger has had surgery less than three months prior to sailing, that passenger must submit a letter from a qualified physician stating that he or she is fit to travel. Unreel Adventures reserves the right to deny passage if a passenger requires care and attention which Unreel Adventures cannot adequately provide and this decision may be made by Unreel Adventures in its sole discretion;
- Any charges incurred by passengers for medical reasons including but not limited to physicians, surgeons, hospitals, off vessel accommodation, medication, diagnostic facilities, air ambulance evacuation or ground ambulance shall be the sole responsibility of the passenger;
- For the safety and comfort of all passengers, smoking is not permitted in the vessel except on open deck spaces;
- And the passenger agrees to indemnify Unreel Adventures from and against all claims, costs, charges and fines or penalties arising as a result of any claim made against Unreel Adventures in this respect.
LIMITATION OF CARRIER’S LIABILITY
The liability of Unreel Adventures to the passenger is limited with respect to both personal injury and damage to loss of property to the full extent permitted by law and in terms of these cruise booking conditions. Unreel Adventures accepts no responsibility of liability to the passenger for loss, death, or delay of, or injury to any passenger. These cruise booking conditions remain in effect for all periods when Unreel Adventures is under any responsibility to the passenger or the passenger’s property.
All baggage brought on board the vessel by a passenger remains in the possession and control of the passenger during the cruise and must be stored and kept in the cabin allocated to the passenger. Clients will be given advice on what to bring, and the weight restrictions of luggage. All baggage should be clearly labelled with the name of the passenger. No dangerous or flammable substance including any prohibited drug or non-prescribed drug. Unreel Adventures is not responsible for baggage, money, jewellery, documents and any other valuables, which passengers keep on their person, in their cabins or in their baggage. Unreel Adventures does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or delay to a passenger’s baggage, personal effects or other property arising from or caused by an unexpected event. Unreel Adventures strongly recommends that passengers obtain adequate insurance to cover any loss or damage in this respect.
The Unreel Adventures and your chosen cruise vessel will not be liable to passengers for any injury or damage, which occur during recreational activities. This includes those activities both on and off the main vessel and associated tenders.